We had heard of Warby Parker (I mean, you don’t see that name and not stop for a second to see who/what the heck it is) and had started to see numerous photos of our friends sporting the company’s trendy eyewear, but it wasn’t until we took a closer look that we realized Warby Parker isn’t just incredibly good looking and affordable eyewear, it’s a company that is really doing things right. Here are just a few of the many reasons we’re totally digging them and why you should check them out too:
1. They’re Rebels: They dare to upset the status quo by believing that “boutique-quality, classically crafted eyewear” shouldn’t cost $300. How does $95 sound?
2. They Do Good: Their “Buy A Pair, Give A Pair” business model gives a pair of glasses to someone in need every time a pair is purchased, but their commitment goes deeper than that. They also partner with non-profits, like VisionSpring, to train low-income entrepreneurs to start their own business selling affordable glasses, which provides that person with a business opportunity that didn’t previously exist, and further provides others in the area a place to buy glasses they need to work and learn. Watch this.
3. Size & Fit: Warby Parker makes buying glasses online a breeze. With detailed measurements, graphics, and best-fit-for-your-face-type you’ll know exactly what to expect from your new specs.
4. Home Try-On Program: If you can’t decide which frame suits you best, you’ll love Warby Parker’s Home Try-On Program: Select up to 5 pairs and Warby Parker will ship them out to you 2-3 day air (free!). Try them on & take a bunch of awkward bathroom mirror photos of yourself and post to Facebook for feedback (no duckface, please!). At the end of 5 days send them back (pre-paid return!) to WP and order your perfect pair (receive within 10 days!).
5. (Really, Really) Ridiculously Good Looking: Pardon the Zoolander reference, but these are seriously are good looking glasses. And at $95 for prescription or $150 for prescription sunnies (plus free shipping & returns!), they’re not only a ridiculously good looking purchase, they’re a smart one too. See for yourself…
A few of the great prescription women’s frames we love. See the little dots under each pair of glasses? That’s another color choice. Tons of frames, tons of frame color choices.
The prescription sunglasses are haute! You’ll want a pair even if you don’t need Rx, and you can get them (with polarized lenses!) for only $95.
Head on over to Warby Parker now to see more from the women’s collection (don’t miss the new Summer Collection), plus outfit the fellas in your life with sweet shades for men. And don’t forget, with your purchase of sexy specs you’ll be providing good looking glasses to someone in need.
The Social Good Series is new from The Sale Rack. We love knowing that our purchases can make a difference in someone else’s life and we’re guessing you do, too. As we discover new brands that support worthy causes, we’ll share them here and the opportunities they offer to make the world a better place with everyday purchases.