We spend a lot of time looking for great deals here at The Sale Rack and all that shopping and scouring of sale racks can make us girls hungry. So when Foodie.com asked us to put together a list of our favorite pie recipes in celebration of Pi Day (March 14th), we couldn’t resist!
Besides shopping & deal finding, Mary & I also love to bake, I think we’ve exchanged as many recipes as we have coupon codes! We loved creating this collection of sweet & savory hand pies – really, who doesn’t love a pie you can take with you?! Hand pies are petite little versions of the real thing, and let’s be honest, mini varieties of just about anything are always better. And cuter.
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies – Brings back memories of summer & our grandmas’ gardens.
- Mini Sweet Potato Hand Pies – We could probably convince ourselves that these are healthy…
- Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Hand Pies – Sweet, savory, creamy all in one bite. Yum.
- Argentinean Beef Empanada Hand Pies – Leave it to the Argentines to come up with this deliciousness.
- Mini Cranberry Apple Hand Pies – Traditional, but with a little cran for flair. Nice change.
- Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Hand Pies – More goat cheese? Yes please!
- Chicken and Kale Hand Pies – You know you’re looking for another way to incorporate kale into your diet. What better way than in a pie?
- Rustic Heart-shaped Hand Pies – They’re HEART shaped.
- Sugar Pumpkin Hand Pies with Ginger Snap Crust – A nice alternative to traditional pumpkin pie using fresh pumpkin.
- Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies – We cannot say no to salted caramel.
- Turtle Hand Pies – This was the first hand pie we saw, and it was love at first sight.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Fig Hand Pies with Pecans and Gorganzola Cheese – If you’re looking to WOW your party guests, we think this is the recipe. Looks gourmet, but actually a very simple recipe.
Since we typically don’t write about food (maybe we should, this has been fun!), we would be remiss in not offering a deal or discount. We want you to test out some of these recipes and we know that good bakeware does make a difference in your final product. So check out the Clearance sale at Wayfair for savings up to 50% off baking sheets, cake pans, decorating needs, measuring spoons and cups, mixing bowls and more.
We like these Mini Tart Pans – reg. $16.44, now $8.22. And the Paderno World Cuisine Roll’Pat Counter Pastry Mat – reg. $54, now $44.10.
This is a sponsored opportunity with Foodie.com – All opinions are our own.