Everyday we are receiving more and more emails with ways to donate to Haiti, so for the foreseeable future we are going to maintain & update this page with those ways to help. If you are aware of any efforts to Help Haiti feel free to leave a comment.
As we’re sure you know, on Tuesday, January 12, 2010, a catastrophic, magnitude 7.0 earthquake centered in the Haitian capital of Port-au-Prince, struck leaving the entire area in a complete state of devastation. The Haitian people are in desperate need of food, water, temporary shelter, medical services and emotional support. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Haiti.
There are many ways you can help, right now.
Donate directly on your phone by texting “HAITI” to “90999” to donate $10 on behalf of the American Red Cross.
Shop at the retailers below and a portion of the proceeds will go to help the people of Haiti.
- Baby Star will donate 10% of its January sales to Mercy Corps. Baby Star writes “Help us help the devastated people of Haiti and please join us in supporting Mercy Corps emergency response efforts in Haiti! Baby Star will donate 10% of January sales to Mercy Corps – start giving now by shopping at Baby Star!”
Shoe Drive – now through February 1, 2010!
- Wednesday, January 27, 2010 would be a great day to buy your Valentine some beautiful jewelry from Gorjana as 100% of all sales from gorjana.com will be donated to Unicef, American Red Cross, and Clinton Bush Haiti Fund! And we mean 100% – every dollar is being donated. How cool.
- In response to the need for humanitarian aid in Haiti, 10% of sales for the month of January will be donated to the American Red Cross. There’s no better time to shop their Valentine’s Gift Guide.
- Josie Maran Cosmetics is donating 50% of all web purchases thru February 1, 2010 to American Red Cross for Haiti.
- Pick up the All Eyes on 2010 Smokey Eyes Kit for only $40 (a $98 value)
- In the wake of the Haitian Earthquake crisis, famed LA-based t-shirt line, Kid Dangerous Grime Couture, designed the “HELP HAITI” tee, with all proceeds going to the One Dome At A Time Emergency Fund. The design of the t-shirts, available in Men’s sizes S-XXL and Women’s sizes S-L, builds upon the Haitian flag, featuring the Haitian coat of arms and reads in distressed block lettering, simply “HELP HAITI”. Kid Dangerous opted to retail the t-shirts at the lower price of $35, (these luxury tees normally retail anywhere from $45-90) in order to get awareness out and encourage people to get involved and donate. T-shirts are available for pre-order on the Kid Dangerous website and will be available for delivery by January 22, 2010.
KITSEL – Cool Baby & Kids Clothes
- Kitsel would like to invite you to partner with us to help the victims of the recent earthquake in Haiti, and for the next two weeks of January they will donate 10% of their profits to the Red Cross’ effort to help the Haitian people.They invite you to save and help! All orders that use coupon code “HAITI” will save 15% and Kitsel will donate 10% of the proceeds to the Red Cross. Check out their new arrivals from Born to Love, Sweet Shoes, Very Excellent Baby and many, many more! Also, they have incredible CLEARANCE items from Haute Stuff, Hot Tot Tee, Cookie Crumbs and more!
- Shop select Handbags for Haiti from Linea Pelle and 50% of your purchase will go to the charity of your choice.
- Oeuf is donating 10% off all sales to the Save The Children for the Haiti Earthquake Children in Emergency Fund until the end of February. Save The Children needs all the help to meet the most critical needs of children and families affected by the earthquake in Haiti. The donations will help provide urgently needed medical attention, safe drinking water, and other necessities.
- One Kings Lane is on of our favorite sample sale clubs – they feature the world’s best designer décor and home essentials, entertaining and travel needs, fantastic gift selections and more at up to 70% off retail! If you’re not a member, join now – it’s free!
- And when you shop now through January 24, 2010 5% of the proceeds will benefit Haiti relief via the American Red Cross.
- Organic Clothing Blowout Sale! This clearance sale is very special because MAPI will be donating matching dollars of new organic clothing to the people of Haiti. So shop discount of 75% to 90% on high quality 100% Cotton Organic Clothing for yourself and at the same time your purchase will add to the shipments of clothing already in process to help the earth quake victims in Port Au Prince.
MCMULLEN – San Francisco, CA – instore only
- January 18-22, McMullen will be donating 10% of your purchase to Doctors Without Borders, a humanitarian organization providing health assistance to victims of the Haiti earthquake.
- Shop the online sample sale & fundraiser for Haiti happening today & tomorrow at Petunia Pickle Bottom, where 25% of the proceeds will be donated to The Hands & Feet Project, a children’s village in Jacmel, Haiti that raises and educates orphans as a family and that Petunia Pickle Bottom is directly connected to.
- To do their part to help with the relief efforts in earthquake-stricken Haiti, Pigeon Toe will be donating 5% of their online sales for the month of January to Doctors Without Borders. Here’s what they say “We’ve been listening to NPR’s coverage of the disaster in our studio the past few days and although we cannot do much, we hope that the little we can contribute will help with the much needed medical treatment of the thousands of people left homeless and hurt as a result of the earthquake.”
THE COLLECTIVE SHOWROOM – New York, NY – January 27, 2010
- Winter Sample Sale & Silent Auction – A Benefit for Haiti. Save 40-80% off retail prices from corrente, Lyons by Kim Lyons, Magnes Sisters, Milfflin Jewelry, and Oblik-Atelier.100% of the proceeds from the silent auction & 10% of all sales will be donated to Haiti relief.
- Time & Place: Wednesday, 1.27.10 from 11-7pm @ The Collective Showroom 16 W. 36th St. Suite 501, NY, NY.
DONATION DROP-OFF SPOTS
- “Please help us help Haiti by dropping off any donations at our store (11315 S.Dixie Hwy. – next to post office) such as clothing, shoes, medicine etc. Also, 15% of the store sale’s will be donated to Haiti through January 31, 2010.”
- “Help children and families devastated by the earthquake in Haiti – we will be receiving water, blankets, first aids supplies and non-perishable food. Bring it to So-Mi Boutique, we have boxes to gather all donations. Thank you for your help, every little thing counts! In collaboration with Step by Step Foundation. We also will be donating 15% of all the profits of this and next week to the Red Cross in Haiti.” 2775 NE 187th Street ste #2 Aventura, FL. 33180